NASWU focuses on system strengthening of Paid and unpaid, governmental and nongovernmental professionals and paraprofessionals to ensure the healthy development and well-being of children and families. The interventions focusing on preventative, responsive and promote programs that support families and children in our communities by alleviating poverty, reducing discrimination, facilitating access to needed services, promoting social justice and preventing and responding to violence, abuse, exploitation, neglect and family separation plus facilitation, certification and regulation of the training of social service workers in the country on the following key areas.
- Continuous Professional Development of those in practice
- Minimum standards for social work education and practice.
- Capacity building and Mentorship Program for early career professionals.
- Social policy analysis and advocacy
- Social work council and social work practice standards.
- Social Justice and Human Rights
- Environmental Justice and Climate Change (adaptation and mitigation)
- Child Protection
- Sexual Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR)
- Refugees and forced Migrations