NASWU Recent Achievements
We've promoted and facilitated social work and social welfare in Uganda in line with the strategic objectives of the association.
- Finalization of the Minimum standards and competence framework for social work education in Uganda 2019 working with key partners.
- Working with the MGLSD, finalized the standardized case management tool.
- Contributed to the finalization National Child Protection Policy 2020 and the role of social work is well highlighted in the Policy.
- Research to guide response to Covid-19 in humanitarian crises together with Makerere University and Ministry of Health in REFLECT study.
- Finalized the Para Social work skills Audit and competence framework with support from CRS/4children project.
- NASWU is part Organizing committee of the 2021 IFSW Africa Regional Conference in Kigali Rwanda.
- Advocacy, capacity building, community engagements, mentorship along the continuum of social protection and care.